Margarita Panich, FNP-C
Margarita Panich, FNP-C, female doctor near Kings Park, received her Master of Science as a Family Nurse Practitioner from Molloy College in Rockville Center.
She has over 25 years of experience in patient care, including 8 years of critical care experience working in CCU and ICU at Long Island’s leading hospitals. Since completing her graduate school studies in 2003, Margarita devotes her time, knowledge, and passion to care for her patients in Primary care.
She is a strong advocate for preventative medicine and enjoys taking time to educate patients on how to maintain optimal health. Margarita has extensive experience in managing patients with a variety of acute and chronic conditions, as well as pain management modalities such as joint injections and trigger point injections.
Margarita enjoys her job and thrives in creating a comfortable, friendly, and supportive atmosphere for her patients.
An ear cleaning is a simple, safe, and painless procedure used to remove excess wax from the ear canal. The ear canal is the tube that connects the outer ear to the inner ear. Tiny glands produce wax in the skin of the ear canal. It helps to protect the ear from dirt, dust, and other foreign bodies. Over time, wax can build up and block the ear canal, causing hearing loss, pain, or irritation. An ear cleaning can help to remove this excess wax and improve hearing. The team here at East Northport Medical Care, a female doctor near Kings Park , provides ear cleanings. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
When You Have An Ear Cleaning
There are a few things you can expect. First, the doctor or nurse will likely use a lighted instrument to look in your ear. This is called an otoscope. They do this to evaluate the severity of the wax build-up and ensure there is no damage to the ear canal. Next, they will use a small curved instrument called a cerumen spoon or curette to remove the wax gently. The spoon is carefully inserted into the ear canal and used to scoop out the wax. You may feel some pressure or fullness in your ear during this process, but it should not be painful. The final step in ear cleaning is irrigation. This involves using a gentle stream of water or saline solution (saltwater) to wash away any remaining wax. The doctor or nurse will use a syringe or bulb to squirt the solution into your ear canal. You may feel some discomfort during this step, but it should not be painful.
5 Things To Expect During An Ear Cleaning
- The doctor or nurse will use a cotton swab to clean any wax visible in your ear.
- They may also use a curved tool called a curette to remove any deeper wax in your ear canal.
- The doctor or nurse will use a suction device to remove any remaining wax and debris from your ear.
- Finally, the doctor or nurse will rinse your ear with warm water to remove any soap or other cleansing solution used during the procedure.
- After your ear has been cleaned, you should be able to hear better and have less ear pain or irritation. If you have any concerns or questions about your ear cleaning, ask your doctor or nurse.
Benefits Of An Ear Cleaning With A Female Doctor Near Kings Park
An ear cleaning can provide relief from the pain and fullness caused by excess wax in the ear canal. It can also improve hearing by removing the wax blocking the ear canal. In some cases, an ear cleaning may also help prevent ear canal infections. Schedule an appointment today with our female doctor near Kings Park for an ear cleaning appointment today!
Are There Any Risks Associated With An Ear Cleaning?
Ear cleanings are generally safe and well-tolerated procedures. However, a few potential risks should be considered before having an ear cleaning. These risks include:
- Injury to the ear canal: The ear canal is a sensitive area, and it is possible to injure it if the cerumen spoon or curette is inserted too deeply into the ear canal.
- Infection: There is a small risk of infection associated with any procedure that involves breaking the skin, such as an ear cleaning.
- Allergic reaction: Some people may be allergic to the solutions used for irrigation. If you have any concerns about allergies, be sure to discuss them with your doctor or nurse before having an ear cleaning.
What Should I Expect After An Ear Cleaning?
After your ear has been cleaned, you should feel relief from any pain or fullness caused by the wax build-up. You may also notice that your hearing is improved. If you have any questions or concerns about your ear cleaning, ask your doctor or nurse.
Contact Our Female Doctor Near Kings Park
An ear cleaning is a simple and safe procedure that can relieve pain, fullness, and hearing loss caused by excess wax in the ear canal. It is important to discuss any concerns you may have with your doctor or nurse before having an ear cleaning. After the procedure, you should feel relieved of any symptoms and notice an improvement in your hearing. The team here at East Northport Medical Care, a female doctor near Kings Park , provides ear cleanings. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
While symptoms may overlap, allergies and common colds have different causes. Due to the overlapping symptoms, many people tend to confuse the two. While most of the time, allergies and the common cold are not severe, they can be annoying and get in the way of your daily activities. Identifying whether you have allergies or the common cold is necessary for determining the best way to start feeling better. East Northport Medical Care is an excellent resource for you if you believe you are struggling with allergies or a common cold. We can help determine what is causing your symptoms and how to treat them best. If you are working to decide whether or not you have allergies or the common cold, we recommend you go to a female doctor near Kings Park .
Common Cold Causes
The common cold is a viral infection that impacts the upper respiratory tract. Typically, it is very contagious, and you can get it multiple times a year because there are many different types of viruses that cause these colds. The common cold can impact people of all ages, even infants. A common cold is not usually something to be concerned about; however, the symptoms associated can be annoying and distracting. There are remedies to help alleviate some of the common cold symptoms, so it would be beneficial to go to a female doctor near Kings Park.
Common Cold Symptoms
Some of the most common symptoms of a cold are:
- Low-grade Fever (100.4 to about 102.2 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Mild Headache
- Runny/Stuffy Nose
- Slight Body Aches
- Sore Throat
You may experience one or a combination of these symptoms if you suffer from the common cold. It is vital to keep an eye on the discharge from your nose as it will change colors through time as the virus runs its course. Again, while the symptoms may not be severe, they can cause discomfort that may need to be addressed by a doctor or over-the-counter medication. If you have severe irritation and over-the-counter medication isn’t cutting it, we recommend visiting a female doctor near Kings Park .
When you are experiencing allergy symptoms, this is the body’s reaction to a foreign substance that has entered the body. More specifically, this is the immune system’s response to a foreign object in the body. The body’s immune system is in charge of protecting the body from danger through antibodies. Danger can include foreign substances, viruses, and more. Allergies impact people because the body has created an antibody against a specific allergen. When the particular allergen enters the body, the body’s immune system begins fighting against the allergen, even though the allergen is not harmful. Allergies range in severity depending on the person. Some people have severe allergic reactions that can cause death. However, most people with allergies experience discomfort due to the body fighting the allergen. Below are a few of the most common allergens that can cause a reaction of some sort to occur:
- Bee or Wasp Sting
- Penicillin (Antibiotic)
- Animal Dander
Everyone is different in terms of what allergens impact them if any at all. Allergies are usually not severe but can be very uncomfortable and may impact your daily life.
Since everyone’s immune system is so different and can react to other allergens in various ways, there are many symptoms associated with allergies. It is essential to keep track of your allergy symptoms as they will indicate how severe the reaction is. Below are some of the common symptoms associated with allergies:
- Swelling of areas such as the throat, eyes, or face
- Itching of the nose and eyes
- Running nose
These symptoms don’t require you to see a doctor most of the time. However, if your symptoms are constant or become more severe, you must go to a female doctor near Kings Park . A doctor can give you medications or other remedies to help relieve the symptoms or prevent them in the future.
How To Determine The Difference?
As you can see, there are different causes of allergies and the common cold. The common cold is caused by a virus, whereas allergies are the body’s response to foreign substances that are not harmful. They have overlapping symptoms; however, there are specific symptoms that differentiate the two. For example, those suffering from allergies likely have more itching, but those with the common cold may experience a low-grade fever. Additionally, the common cold is highly transmissible. However, allergies cannot be spread to others as no virus is involved. If you are in doubt about what may be causing some uncomfortable symptoms, we recommend you go to a female doctor near Kings Park .
Contact A Female Doctor Near Kings Park
East Northport Medical Care would like to help relieve you of those uncomfortable symptoms you may be having. We have the tools and expertise to differentiate between allergies and the common cold. By determining which you are suffering from, we can help you get the best treatment to feel better in no time! Please get in touch with us today to make an appointment to help determine what is making you feel under the weather!
Whether you wear corrective lenses or think your eyes are in perfect condition, you should take steps to improve your eye health. Your eyes are a massive part of how you go about your everyday life, and they may be more sensitive than you think. Setting aside time to adjust your daily routine to account for eye healthcare is well worth it! At East Northport Medical Care, our female doctor near Kings Park is here to evaluate your eyes and help you create a plan that best suits you at our East Northport office! Take care of how you see the world!
Caring for Your Eye Health
While having your eyes tested by your female doctor near Kings Park is a key component of taking care of your vision; a lot more goes into it. Here are some techniques for improving your vision and maintaining your eye health:
- Using sun protection
- Anytime you are in the sunlight, it is important to protect your eyes. Choosing sunglasses that offer 99 to 100 percent UVA and UVB blocking is ideal. Adding a hat with a wide brim can also improve your protection.
- Taking on the sun without protection could lead to the development of macular degeneration, cataracts, and pterygium, which may blur your vision.
- Using other protective eyewear
- When playing sports, dealing with construction, or managing chemicals, wearing proper eyewear is essential. Protective goggles provide an extra barrier between your eyes and chemicals, sharp materials, and more.
- Opting for a high-quality pair of goggles makes a big difference. The polycarbonate material of many of these goggles is much stronger and safer than other plastic.
- The 20-20-20 rule
- For those who spend their work day in front of a computer, giving your eyes a break can help reduce strain. This technique includes taking 20 seconds to look at an object 20 feet away from you once every 20 minutes.
- Adjusting your diet
- Incorporating healthy foods with beneficial nutrients is an easy step towards increased eye health. These nutrients include:
- Zinc and Vitamins A, C, and E – help prevent macular degeneration; can be found in vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, and citrus
- Omega-3 fatty acids – improve eye health; can be found in salmon and flaxseed
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – carotenoids of the retina; improve eyesight; can be found in broccoli, eggs, and zucchini
- Incorporating healthy foods with beneficial nutrients is an easy step towards increased eye health. These nutrients include:
- Hand hygiene
- The eyes are very sensitive to germs. Touching or rubbing your eyes with dirty hands could lead to infection or irritation, which may worsen your vision. Even putting in contact lenses with dirty hands can cause this.
- Contact lens hygiene
- As for the contact lenses, you must only insert disinfected ones into your eyes. It is also important to change your lenses as instructed. Using the same pair of lenses for too long can lead to the accumulation of germs.
- Do not smoke
- It is important to understand that when smoking is bad for your whole body, your eyes are a part of that. Smoking increases the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
- If you already smoke, stop as soon as possible. The longer you go without smoking once quitting, the better your body will be.
- Staying fit and healthy can improve overall health and decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Those with the condition may develop diabetic retinopathy, in which vision is impacted, and the eye’s blood vessels are damaged.
- Managing eye conditions
- Whether they be in your family’s medical history or dealt with by you, letting your doctor know about relevant conditions is important. They can help you manage or prevent any that could impact your vision.
Consulting a Doctor
Before trying something new for your eyes or if you are unsure about continuing a current practice, always consult your female doctor near Kings Park. Professionals in the field of eye health are the best resources for information. It is especially important to visit them if you experience any pain or irritation in your eye. Given the sensitive nature of the eyes, a medical professional is more reliable than any home remedy.
East Northport Medical Care’s Female Doctor Near Kings Park
For the best eye care, always visit a medical professional. Our female doctor near Kings Park, at our East Northport office is here to support your eye health and guide you along your path to improved vision. No matter your starting point, East Northport Medical Care will help you shift your lifestyle to reach healthier eyes. To book an appointment, contact our office today!